About the Interim Executive Leadership Program
The Interim Executive Leadership or “IEL” program is designed to help meet the leadership needs of NYCON’s member agencies as significant percentage of nonprofit executives retire over the next few years. Interim Executive Leaders (IELs) trained through our program will provide effective short-term, transitional leadership to our member nonprofits to strengthen organizational health and effectiveness during a time of transition. NYCON has developed a pool of highly qualified staff-based Interim Executive Leaders (IELs) that are available to meet your Interim Executive Leadership needs.
A NYCON IEL may be right for your organization if:
· The organization is currently operating without an Executive Director/CEO and requires an experienced nonprofit professional to serve as a temporary placeholder to maintain agency operations while the Board conducts a comprehensive ED/CEO search process
· The organization has experienced Executive Director/CEO turnover over the last few years and the agency requires stabilization
· The organization is expecting your Executive Director/CEO to retire or resign, and the Board require sufficient time to conduct a thorough search process
· The organization is seeking an experienced, qualified nonprofit professional trained in transition management to serve as a placeholder to guide the organization through a short-term period of transition
· Additional benefits of the Program:
o Access to NYCON’s full range of services
o Contracts clearly structure the engagement
o IELs undergo a criminal background check
Contact Jennifer Killian, IEL Program Director at:
1-800-515-5012 x. 152 email: email@example.com
Employment administration and payroll managed by ICI. Mandatory benefits and liability coverage provided. Allows the Board time to plan for new leadership.
What is a standard placement term for Interim Executives?
While the specific terms will be customized based upon organizational needs, a typical Interim placement is 3-6 months and 2-3 days per week. What is the cost for an Interim Executive? The costs for an Interim Executive will vary based upon needs and specific terms, and will strive to be affordable. What is the process for retaining an Interim Executive through NYCON? Contact Jennifer Killian, Regional Manager, Special Initiatives at NYCON to discuss your needs, complete an intake survey, explore possible candidates and develop contracts for the Interim placement.
For more information download the Program Overview.